Thursday, November 13, 2008

Fancy a film review?

Why not.

"The House Bunny".



Have you ever been to see a movie, where you hated everything about the movie, except for one little thing that made it worthwhile going to see? "The House Bunny" is one of those movies.

Don't get me wrong. "The House Bunny" is a rotten film. Skin crawlingly awful, in fact. A disaster, truly terrible and, in these times of the credit crunch, a dreadful waste of a Hollywood budget. "The House Bunny" is a cinematic turd of the highest degree. Bad performances by nearly everybody in the cast. Perfunctory plot. Predictable outcome. Nearly a total waste of time and effort.

Nearly?

Well, actually yes, because, amazingly, I thought that Anna Faris in the title role was really very funny. Trust me on this. She was as wide eyed, open, honest and naive as Amy Adams in "Enchanted", if, perhaps, not quite as innocent. I loved Anna Faris in "The House Bunny". Frankly, she made the movie.

Shame that the film is so bad. (And let's not even talk about the appalling version of "I Know What Boys Like" by Katherine McPhee. Have they no shame?)

1 comment:

medusa said...

Well, I liked "House Bunny" more than you (called it mindless fun) but agree that the best thing about it was Faris. In fact, my post said that "She deserves a bigger comedy career, and hopefully this movie will catapult her into bigger roles. She should have the career that Kate Hudson stumbled upon."

Now I am curious for your take on "Zack and Miri." Don't let me dissuade you from seeing it. The parts I hated were when it tried to be sentimental and deep - but let me know what you think!