Tuesday, April 29, 2008

I am not really into historical revisionism. Normally a post stays as posted, but recently I have been tinkering with odd recent posts. A word here. A phrase there. Nothing very much and nothing removed, just made better.

I suppose I am doing it because I can think of absolutely nothing interesting to write. I don't fancy writing about me, or Jennifer, or work, or my family. I find that lately I am writing about TV (sometimes) and films (all of the time). There is nothing else.

Maybe the urge to blog wears off. I don't know. I hope not.

I know...

Jennifer is downstairs perusing a 1974 episode of the "M*A*S*H" television series. I had to come upstairs because I found it awful and unwatchable. The worst thing about it was the laughter track. Irritating in the extreme.

Maybe old TV should never be revisited? "The Twilight Zone" excluded, of course.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I find the urge to be rather cyclical. Sometimes I don't feel like keeping it up, but then I'll once again blog prolifically, and be glad that I kept the blog up.

Jerry said...

I am sure you are right.

medusa said...

Laugh tracks on some of those older comedies are just horrendous - funny how we didn't notice them as much back then, though. But now the thought one on of a show like MASH, so obviously not shot before a studio audience, seems ridiculous.