Wednesday, June 04, 2008

It seems a bit stupid to be writing about TV, gigs and films from several days ago, but who said I wasn't stupid?

Briefly then.

"I'd Do Anything".



Samantha went into the final show expecting to lose and she did. Her confidence had been shattered by the semi-final. She was very lacklustre. It was a big shame, because she had been consistently great throughout the competition.

Jessie went into the final show expecting to win and she didn't. She sang like a dream, but her 'acting' during the songs came across as kind of demented. Maybe she felt that big gestures were required and misjudged it completely?

Jodie won. I was very pleased by that. I had put a bet on her to win earlier in the day and won 11 quid. Clever me. Jodie was certainly not the best singer, looker or dancer, but personality goes a long way and she had bags of it. Jennifer reminded me that during the early audition stages of the competition I had predicted that Jodie would make the final 12, purely on a passable voice and the force of her enthusiasm, but that she would probably not win.

What do I know? I know nothing.

So, well done Jodie. Here she is singing "Send In The Clowns", which is a song I absolutely adore.



"Doctor Who".

Hah! "Silence In The Library" was more like it! Strange, weird, hinting at dark and dangerous secrets. The fractured existence of a time traveller. People you have met and the people you are still to meet. Classic Steven Moffat.

And who the hell is this Professor River Song, and how come she knows so much about the Doctor? I don't know. Do you?

I will continue tomorrow. I cannot afford another late night.

3 comments:

Katyola said...

Apparently Steven Moffat is sleeping with the girl who played his daughter on Dr. Who. I know this because I read gossip blogs.

Katyola said...

No. Wait. It's actually David Tennant. Here. You read it.

Jerry said...

I broke the news to Jennifer on Friday. Her expression nearly turned me to stone.