Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Hah! Films to be watched! Indeed.

Last night I watched "Vacancy" on cable, starring Kate Beckinsale and Luke Wilson. I fell asleep about 45 minutes into it. I suppose I will watch the rest of "Vacancy" sometime, but it will not a pressing priority. I think I can see where it was going.

For what it is worth, and only based on the first 45 minutes of it, I thought that Kate Beckinsale was pretty good as the archetypal inpatient, annoyed, irritated girlfriend/wife who finds herself in a situation from hell, but I found it very hard to believe Luke Wilson as her husband. Maybe Luke Wilson has just been in too many comedies? Can Luke Wilson play it serious anymore? I don't know if he can.

The whole couple-in-jeopardy-in-a-remote-location sketch has been done to death, but I saw a pretty good example of exactly that kind of film, just this morning. "The Strangers" starring Liv Tyler.

... Which I will write about at another time, because, AGAIN, I have spent so much time doing other things that it has left little time for blogging. Jennifer arrives home at 6pm and she will howl like a wolf if food is not on the table.

(Me? Pussy whipped? Nah!)

Tomorrow I am going nowhere, well not until the evening, when I am going to see a play at the Rep.

Tomorrow I will write. Birthday, theatre, movies, sexual activity (of a kind).

No comments: