Sunday, September 14, 2008

I said that I would be back here on Sunday. Here I am.

Things were getting on top off me. The days were too short. Work was too hard. The arguments with Jennifer were becoming too sharp and bitter. There was too much that I wanted to watch at the cinema or on the TV. The commitments were becoming too great, including the maintenance of the blog. I even cried off today on going to help Sister 1 setup her new printer, claiming that I had something else to do. True enough, except that the 'something else to do' was going to see "Eden Lake" with my Brother. (It is a very good film, by the way. I will write about it sometime this week.)

Something had to be lost, temporarily, and it turned out to be the blog. Sorry about that, but I was going mad. You wouldn't like me if I was mad. I turn green.

The blog is a commitment. Sure it is. There are people I read regularly, and they know who they are, who write every single day without fail. I don't know how they do it. I could not do it. I don't think that I would want to.

Things are now better, even with Jennifer.

For this evening, then, a little blog maintenance, and then I am going to watch the new BBC production of "Tess Of The D'Urbervilles". I have not seen any adaptations of the story. I even managed to miss the famous Roman Polanski version of 1979 starring Natasha Kinski and Peter Firth. Jennifer tells me that "Tess Of The D'Urbervilles" is a horrible tale of hopelessness and despair and that she will certainly not be watching it.

Just me then. In my room.

Is it a sign of middle age that I now feel the need to watch 'quality' BBC productions on a Sunday night? Next thing I will be swapping my Ben Sherman Union Jack T-Shirt for a nice sweater or, perhaps, a cardigan?

Bollocks! Never!

It's good to be back.

No comments: