Monday, September 01, 2008

The kettle has blown up!

Bastard thing. Tomorrow, in the middle of my week off, while Jennifer is joshing and jiving and having the craic at work, I am am going to have to buy a new kettle. It is either that, or give up drinking tea.

It is impossible to give up drinking tea. Buy a kettle it is then.

Right, then. Where was I? Oh, yes. Birthday pressie haul.

1 iPod Classic 160GB (black), from Jennifer. I am looking at it now. Or rather I am looking at the box in which said iPod is held. Said iPod hasn't left the box yet. I am frowning at the box. I have not yet gathered the courage to open it. I daresay I might do something with the iPod before Christmas. Or maybe later this week.

A fifteen quid iTunes gift voucher, from Jennifer.

A money box, in the shape of a cat, from Jennifer.

2 recycled Grolsch bottles that have been turned into wine glasses, from Jennifer. A sarcy comment, methinks, on my drunken escapades at the Them Is Me gig, a couple of weeks ago.

An Aston Villa Football Club home shirt, from my family. They all chipped in and bought it for me.



On the back my family put my last name (Cornelius) and the year of my birth (63).

Cool. Stylish. Fashionable. Just like me.

I asked for a shirt this year. It was for a good cause, as well. This year the Villa decided not to have a shirt sponsor. Instead the slot was handed free of charge to the Acorns Children's Hospice, which is a charity that supports terminally ill children and their families. Good for them.

What else?

A ten quid W H smith voucher, from my Aunt.

A book voucher, from my Mom. The money that was leftover from buying the shirt. No idea exactly how much. I will find out when I try to spend the voucher.

That's about it. I am very happy.

Lot's to write about, but not now. There are films to be watched.

No comments: