Friday, August 22, 2008

Desktop change day! (Actually yesterday, but I was too tired last night to turn on the computer to report Thursday's momentous decision.)

What was it to be this time? A pop group? An attractive lady? A stunning piece of architecture? A bacon sandwich?

No. A cartoon character.

Muttley.


Cohort of the evil Dick Dastardly. Driver, pilot and collector of medals. Sneaky and untrustworthy. Possibly asthmatic. An all round thoroughly bad egg.

Muttley was portrayed by... er... Muttley in two classic series: "Wacky Races" and "Dastardly And Muttley In Their Flying Machines" . Still worth a look.

There has been a change at work. I will write about that tomorrow.

3 comments:

Katyola said...

I love Muttley! Especially his wheezy little laugh. It reminds me of the cartoon Laff-a-lympics.

Anonymous said...

I love Muttley, too! This post totally made me smile. Which I needed. Desperately. You and Muttley both rock.

Jerry said...

Thank you ladies, but I feel old. There is a young guy (22) at work who asked me who the picture was of. He had never heard of Muttley.

It's a disgrace.

Next Thursday's desktop? Ah, who knows? I don't.