Saturday, August 02, 2008

How peculiar was that? I couldn't read my own blog. The problem was down to the html for website counter, supplied by http://www.sitemeter.com/. Once I had removed the html, no problems at all. I will need to investigate that further, but not now. No time.

Reasonably uneventful night, last night. Jennifer watched "Grey's Anatomy" while I scanned the newspapers. I have never seen the appeal of "Grey's Anatomy" myself. All pretty formulaic stuff, if you ask me, but Jennifer loves it. For my television medical fix I prefer "Scrubs" which, I suppose like most television, is just as formulaic, but is also hilarious, frequently biting, kind of touching, with great music and features my hero, Dr. Perry Cox. While at work I do try to channel Dr. Cox at least once a day.

We then watched a concert on BBC4 featuring footage from the Stax tour of Norway in 1967. The footage was 41 years old and was still electrifying. Booker T & the MG's, the Bar Kays, Arthur Conley, Wilson Pickett, Sam and Dave and Otis Redding. Not brilliant, but fucking brilliant. Even Jennifer, who is the most rhythmically challenged white girl in the history of mankind (her words), tapped a finger (not in time, mind) to the performances. Had to turn the sound on the TV right up. Red hot. The death of Otis Redding was such a loss. He was 26 years old when he died. Such a shame.

I am out this evening with my Brother seeing Them Is Me at the Bar Academy. Them Is Me is the band formed from the ashes of Reef. I know nothing about Them Is Me. Come to that I know nothing about Reef either, bar one song. ("Place Your Hands"?) It should be a good night, even if the band are shite.

Nap time. I am an old man, especially when planning to party all evening, except that I cannot really indulge too much. Jennifer and I have a double date tomorrow with David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson. Got to be fresh for Gillian.

4 comments:

Threelight said...

Yes, indeedy.
I had trouble reading your site too.
At first I thought it was my PC (as you normally do), but realised, nooo, it's sitemeter's fault.

beth said...

It happened to me too - but everything's OK again now, sitemeter included.

Anonymous said...

my statcounter site meter packed it in last week. So I replaced it with a 'new for old' generated statcounter site meter and deleted the old one. Everything tip top now.

Jerry said...

All working OK for me now, as well.