Friday, August 08, 2008

Dress down day, where for the princely sum of a quid fifty (donated to charity), the great and the good dress up in their casual clothes. Always an interesting experience.

In my department alone...

I saw a girl who was dressed in what appeared to be a romper suit. The kind of thing your Mom would have dressed you in when you were 2 years old.

I saw another girl who appeared to have come to work in her negligee. Negligees are pretty see through. The lady was wearing a blue bra. I noticed.

I saw a young Asian guy dressed from head to toe in black. Black shoes, black trousers, black polo neck sweater. He looked like an Asian version of Ilya Kuryakin out of "The Man From U.N.C.L.E.". I told him as much. He asked me what "The Man From U.N.C.L.E." was? Hah! These kids, eh?

I saw Jennifer wearing black boots, blue jeans with a pattern on both of the back pockets that looked like somebody with white paint on their hands had neen groping her arse, and a peasant top that kept slipping down, so giving a nice view of her cleavage. A bit more cleavage than I ever see at home, mind. (The last time I saw her naked? That would be February, maybe.)

Me? Black boots, black jeans and a white Union Jack T-shirt. The one that I wore for the Sex Pistols gig. Simple, classic, stylish.

It's hard being a fashion icon, but I persevere. A couple of times I have been walking around the park and young ladies have accosted me to ask if I am Brad Pitt. When I say "No", those ladies always ask me if I am sure.

Sigh. It happens a lot. Poor Brad.

(One of the above statements is a lie.)

No comments: