Friday, May 30, 2008

On this fine Friday evening, I would like to direct you to the blog of the gentleman and scholar that is Swiss Toni, who has been kind enough to let me be the guest editor on his world famous Friday Earworms slot. My earworm entry is here, but stick around and read some more of Swiss' blog. It is very good and I am not just saying that to be nice.

As for myself, I have been thinking about time and the future. Not very deep stuff, because I am not a very deep guy. Just the realisation that hit me this week that I am running out of time and that the future is limited if I carry on the way I have been carrying on. Can I make a mark on this world? Do I want to make a mark on this world? If I do, then I need to get on with it. Thinking about your own mortality will open up those kind of thoughts.

By the way, thank you all for the kind comments on the 'death' post. Very liberating to write. I would recommend it to everybody.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been thinking about similar things. It's all a bit overwhelming sometimes, isn't it?

swisslet said...

thanks Jerry. It was a pleasure as always and you're welcome any time. Always a well-written and interesting selection.
And that death post *is* superb.
Oh, and consider the nomination on POTW from LB as well as from me, by the way. He pointed me in this direction. He's just a bit shy.

ST