Saturday, May 31, 2008

Bad grammar alert. Last post.

"By the way, thank you all for the kind comments on the 'death' post. Very liberating to write. I would recommend it to everybody."

What I meant to write at the end of that paragraph was, 'I would recommend that everybody have a go at writing their own 'death' post'.

Even I am not that arrogant to suggest that everybody read that entry. Unless you want to, of course... And don't forget to tell all your friends about the work of genius that it is!

Ha!

**

I am injured.

Jennifer and I had a lift from work this morning and I managed to trap one of the fingers of my right hand in the car door as it was being shut. Don't ask me how I did it, because I don't know. The finger is not broken. It just hurts like buggery and is busy turning a nice shade of puce. Pain in the arse. Or should that be pain in the finger?

While typing I have discovered the exquisite pain of the letters 'o' and 'l', the number '9' and the punctuation symbol '.'. Yes, I can touch type. It is the only useful thing I ever learnt at school. This is despite the fact that at 14 years old I was suddenly thrust into a typing class with 18 teenage girls and one sad looking boy (hah, Clive - I remember you), and the teacher Mrs. Ingram was about 23 years old, looked exactly like the GMTV weather girl Clare Nazir



(that's Clare Nazir on the right)

and used to lean in close when she was giving us personal tuition.

Let me tell you, it was hard. To concentrate, that is.

**

I am just killing a little time before the finale of "I'd Do Anything" and the next "Doctor Who".

Re. "I'd Do Anything", the bookies have Jodie as the favourite to win, followed by Jessie and then Samantha. I would generally agree with that.

I was shocked last week when Samantha came last in the public vote on the last four contestants, and only got into the final because of Lloyd-Webber's casting vote. I had assumed that Samantha was top of the public vote every week. She had the looks and the voice. Maybe she was too slick. I don't know now if Samantha can win it.

If Ireland mobilises behind her Jessie will win. If Ireland doesn't mobilise, Jodie will win. I think it is as simple as that.

Re. "Doctor Who", I think that this current series has been enjoyable enough, but I am still waiting for the killer episode(s) of this series. Maybe they are still to come? Steven Moffat has written the next two. He is taking over as producer in 2010 and I think is a very good choice. He has written some outstanding "Doctor Who" stories since the rebirth of the series ("The Empty Child", "The Doctor Dances", "The Girl In The Fireplace" and "Blink") and will probably be the man to cast the new Doctor if David Tennant departs in 2010 as expected. Or is he to depart somewhat sooner than that?

David Morrissey is in the Christmas story, you know...

I am off to see the Pigeon Detectives tomorrow night, so you may see me before then, or you may not.

Have a good what's remaining of the weekend, folks.

No comments: