Saturday, July 12, 2008

As you do, this morning I found myself at the supermarket newspaper racks, perusing the tabloids for the latest 'news'. The comics are full of stories of Ronnie Wood apparently having being on a two week bender, accompanied by an 18 year old Russian barmaid. Ron's wife Jo has said that Ron and 'Ekaterina' are just friends. Okey dokey. That clears that up, then.

Ho, hum. Nothing to see here. In fact, par for the course, I would have thought, for a rock star of a certain age and generation, prepared to live with the consequences. Disappointing if a Rolling Stone didn't get off with a girl young enough to be his granddaughter. My only concern is that Ron doesn't accidentally top himself, so impacting on the mooted Faces reunion.



I used to love the Faces. One of a couple of 70's bands that I will always regret never seeing in their pomp. Beer soaked, British, straightahead, pub rock 'n' roll. However, the crucial question here is, who will replace Ronnie Lane on bass? Bill Wyman filled in during the Faces reunions in 1986 and 1993. Maybe he will do it again? Or maybe Tetsu Yamauchi will be invited back? After all, he did replace Ronnie Lane in 1973. Pino Palladino?

Proper news.

This afternoon: A late lunch with Jennifer.

This evening: Masters Football with my Brother and my Nephew, and maybe a small beverage or two.

4 comments:

Katyola said...

Are you watching the Tour de France? Exciting race today -- in the rain, no less.

Jerry said...

What a strange question?

No. I have never watched Tour de France. Should I be? Is it exciting?

Katyola said...

Yes, it is exciting. Maybe not for the entire 3 hours it's televised each day, but if you catch the last half hour, when all the jockeying for position among the sprinters and mountain riders happens, it is great. Plus, one of your countrymen, Mark Cavendish, has been doing well.

Jerry said...

Ah... Mark Cavendish. Legend.

(Never heard of the dude.)