Friday, July 18, 2008

There is a young lad at work who is getting very excited (and I admit it, so am I) about the release of "The Dark Knight". He took great pains this afternoon to show me that on IMDB's list of the 250 movies of all time, "The Dark Knight" is already at #4, based on the votes of about 4,500 regular voters. (#1, #2 and #3 are "The Godfather", "The Shawshank Redemption" and "The Godfather: Part II". Fair enough. All classics.)

Of course you have to take these lists with a pinch of salt. 4,500 or so voters is nowhere near the 287,000 or so people who voted for "The Godfather" or the 336,000 or so people that voted for "The Shawshank Redemption". Let's see where "The Dark Knight" is when a couple of years have gone by and the mania has died down.

The boy then asked me what film I was really looking forward to.

Ah... That would be this one. The trailer was released today.



I have been waiting for a "Watchmen" movie for 20 odd years. 9 months to go now. Not too long.

I am so excited, I could crush a grape.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I heard it The Dark Knight was fantastic, actually. I'm somewhat skeptical, as I've never found the other Batman movies to be great films. Certainly entertaining, but not films for the ages.