Saturday, July 26, 2008

Things I have learned today.
  1. When Jennifer scrapes her hair back and gathers it into a ponytail, it is not a good idea to say that she looks exactly like Richard Harris in "A Man Named Horse".
  2. No matter what a pain in the ass it is to get up really early on a Saturday morning to go to the local supermarket, it is nothing like the pain in the ass of facing the barbarian hordes in the same Supermarket at 13:30 on a Saturday afternoon.
  3. My neighbour Keren looks very sexy in short shorts.
  4. A nice bottle of San Miguel goes down really well on a hot day.
  5. "The Mist" is a really good Stephen King adaptation.
  6. Billy Bragg nicked the first two lines of his great song "A New England" ("I was 21 years when I wrote this song, I'm 22 now, but I won't be for long") from Paul Simon's song "Leaves That Are Green".
  7. There is no truth in the urban myth that eating a curry on a really hot day cools you down.
  8. Heath Ledger's screen presence, and acting ability, improved dramatically between "10 Things I Hate About You" and "A Knight's Tale".
  9. "Animal House" is still funny and has barely dated a day.
  10. It is not a good idea to mix San Miguel and Stella Artois.

Oooh. Pre-hangover on it's way, methinks. Time for bed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

1 - Ouch.
2 - Completely agree.
8 - I can't really get into "A Knight's Tale" Did watch "The Shape of Things" today on your recommendation and really liked it. Not at all what I was expecting.
10 - Ouch. (That leaves us right where we started, doesn't it?)

Jerry said...

I love "A Knight's Tale". Probably the first time I ever noticed Heath Ledger.