Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Still no news on the pay reviews. Jennifer has chased and has been told that the confirmation letters are "on their way". I hope so. We get paid on Monday. I can imagine that everybody with access to a calculator will be working out their new salaries the second the money hits the bank. This is assuming that there will be any changes to salaries, of course. Ha ha!

There has been other news. The Company has been taken over by some U.S. based private equity firm. It has been little more than a year since the last takeover. Damned careless, if you ask me.

An email has been distributed explaining what very fine news it is that the current senior management will remain in place. Phew! For one minute there I was quite worried for them. In the same email there was also the bog standard phrase "At the present time XXXXXX have no plans to change existing staffing levels". Sure. Right. Whatever. I think I have read variations on that statement at every company I have ever worked for that has been the subject of a merger/takeover/buyout. It has always been bullshit.

I looked up some information on the private equity firm on a news site. The same phrase kept popping up a couple of times.

Asset stripping.

Ah...

No comments: