Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Today I was mostly studying tattoos.

I saw a girl with the numbers "1989" tattooed on the back of her neck. I am assuming that it was the year she was born, which would make her 19 years old. She looked a lot older.

I saw a skinhead with spiderweb tattoos on the back of his hands, his forearms and on his neck. He looked pretty ferocious, especially with the ring through his nose.

I saw a tech guy at work who has the West Bromwich Albion logo tattooed onto his right arm. A man of little or no taste.

I saw another tech guy at work who has the yin and yang symbol tattooed onto his arm. He's all yin and no yang, if you ask me.

I saw a couple of girls with sun symbols tattooed on the base of their spines. It must be a popular one. Two girls at work have exactly the same tattoo in exactly the same place.

I saw a girl with a multitude of little blue stars tattooed onto her shoulders. On her right arm she had a tattoo of a swallow and on her left arm she had a heart with the word "Mom" inside it.

My friend Eleanor (the single Mother) has Chinese writing tattooed onto her right foot. One day I intend to ask her what the writing says.

Sister 3 has a rose tattooed onto her left ankle.

Sister 1, in her wild youth, did a home tattoo of a big, black spot, onto the index finger of her left hand. I have no idea why. Later she had it lasered off.

My Dad had tattoos. On his left arm he had an old fashioned sailing ship, with the sails in full flow. On his right arm he had an anchor. On the cross part of the anchor was written the word "Mom" and on the pointy bit of the anchor was written my Mom's name. He also had a tattoo on his chest, but I cannot remember what it was. It may have been a heart. In fact, thinking about it, I am sure it was a heart. Just above his own heart.

I have no tattoos. A tattoo is not anything I have ever thought about having done. If I had tattoos, what would I have?

Left arm:

The Beatles
and
The Rolling Stones
Right arm:
Mom
inside a heart.
Something that will last forever. Johnny Depp had to change "Wynona Forever" to "Wino Forever" when he split with Wynona Ryder. I wouldn't like to have to do that.

2 comments:

Katyola said...

I have a good tattoo story. My co-worker got a pair of sleepy-eyed coon hounds tattoed on the tops of his feet, so he had to wear flip-flops all last week while they healed. He got the hounds as a tribute to his dad, who always says, "My dogs are tired." (Dogs are feet, in southern vernacular.) I myself would never undergo voluntary pain.

Oh, and the tattoos girls get on their lower backs? Those are called "tramp stamps"!

Jerry said...

"Tramp stamps". I liked that. So did Jennifer.

One more tattoo spotted today. A really stunning girl at the bus stop. A really beautiful woman in a low cut top, with a dragon peeking out of her cleavage.

I looked. Of course I did. I am a man!