Tuesday, July 15, 2008

There is a girl that I sometimes see on the bus. Today she did something for the second time.

I will explain.

The girl is in her mid 30's. She is short and curvy, with blonde hair and huge eyes. Quite nice looking, actually. I have never spoken to this girl. I have never sat next to her, or made any kind of eye contact with her, but I have noticed her. Nothing wrong with that. If you are not foaming at the mouth, I think that it is OK to look.

For as long as I can remember the girl has had a perm. A really curly perm. It looks something like this, if perhaps little bit shorter.



Months and months ago (in fact it might even have been last year) the girl got on the bus and I was surprised to see that she had changed her hairstyle. I cannot find a close enough picture, but imagine this: The girl's hair had been straightened, was gathered with slides high at the back, strands of hair were framing her face and she had a kind of a kiss curl flick at the front.

It's a bad description, but she looked gorgeous. Really nice. She looked nice before, but the hairstyle was such a change from how she normally looked. It brought out something in her features, if that makes any sense.

I nearly spoke to the girl and told her how much I liked the new look but, of course, that would not have been appropriate. We who write blogs are all voyeurs. We watch people and note what they do, how they dress and how they behave, but we can never let them know that we have been watching. Too freaky deaky by half.

The very next day the girl changed her hairstyle back to the normal perm. I was surprised. She had looked nice. What happened?

Why had she changed her mind? Was the change too much, too soon? Had too many people at her place of work commented on her new style and did not like being the centre of attention? Maybe the girl had had the initial change in style because she had a hot date,or a party to attend? Or maybe she just changed her mind, because she didn't like the new style?

Anyway, today she changed (again) to the new hairstyle, and it was as nice as before. I am wondering if the prem will be back tomorrow..

I have said this before. I do not know the girl, but this time I am hoping that this time she keeps the new style. It suits her and it makes her look beautiful.

Change is good.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't it sad that you can't tell this girl you like your hair without seeming like a creep-o?

I am a blonde, with naturally curly hair. Every once in a great while I go through the bother of straightening it. I wonder if people have this same reaction.

Anonymous said...

It's quite possible that itiisn't a perm. Straitening naturally curly hair really is a bother, like J says. Like a proper, wake up at least 40 minutes earlier in the morning, bother.

You know, just a quick "Your hair looks lovely today" from a stranger on a bus can actually make a girls day, not ruin it.

Fuff said...

Yeah. She might have to get up at 3am to straighten her really curly hair.