Tuesday, July 08, 2008

The social whirl continues.

Firstly, my Brother rang me up to ask if I wanted to go with him and my Nephew to the Midlands leg of the Masters Football tournament, this weekend. Sure. Why not? I don't mind going to the Midlands Masters. I went last year.

Secondly, my Brother asked if I wanted to go to see the remnants of the band Reef, currently trading as Them Is Me, with him at the Bar Academy on 2nd August 2008. Yeah. Great. Reef were a band that my Brother really loved a few years back, but I know as much about them as I know about Yak farming. I suppose before August comes around I can borrow some of their albums?

Nice that my Brother got in touch with me. It is not anything I have written on the blog about (I think), but I was under the impression that my Brother had fallen out with me over my failure to turn up and get rat arsed with him on his birthday. He has been ignoring my emails. He never said thank you for his birthday present. He was never in when I phoned or called at the house. Sister 1 reckoned that he was being an 'ass' and that he would get over it. Looks like he has. Actually, it is more likely that Sister 1 has had a word with him. She is a blunt woman, is my Sister. You would like her or you would hate her. There can be no inbetween.

Thirdly, in an unprecedented development, Jennifer asked me if I wanted to go with her to the cinema to see "Mamma Mia!" on Sunday. I was going to see it anyway, despite the fact that I am not a woman and not gay (joking, guys! - homophobia is not welcome here), so that is a really nice thing to look forward to. A sofa seat at the Electric Cinema has been booked for Sunday afternoon. We plan to drink cocktails, eat nibbles and glory in the genius of ABBA.

Talking of ABBA...

Glen Matlock of the Sex Pistols once claimed that he stole the chord sequence from this song as the basis of "Pretty Vacant". Apparently Sid Vicious was also a huge ABBA fan. Who would have thought it?

No comments: