Thursday, July 17, 2008

This week in tabloid corner, Helen Mirren in a bikini.



In 9 days time Helen Mirren will be 63 years old.

Gosh! (That also happens to be the name of the character that Helen Mirren played in one of my favourite films, "Savage Messiah". You should watch it sometime. It is great.)

I once stood in the foyer of the National Film Theatre with Helen Mirren. She was in one queue waiting to see "Heaven Knows, Mr. Allison" with hubbie Taylor Hackford, while I was in the other queue with Jennifer waiting to see "A Canterbury Tale". Helen Mirren seemed to be a very small lady, with grey hair and kind of dowdy and old looking. I said as much to Jennifer. Hardly the sex bomb of the 1970's and 1980's.

This was in 2005.

It only occurred to me today that in 2005 Helen Mirren would have been mid shoot on "The Queen", where she was actually playing a very small lady, with grey hair who is kind of dowdy and old looking.

Ahh... That explains it all. Makeup!

I knew it. Helen Mirren. Still a fox.



Growl.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish I looked that good in a bikini, and I'm 27!

Jerry said...

J: I am sure that you are just being modest.

In fact, if I may, I would like to offer my expert services as a bikini peruser? All you need to do is forward a picture of yourself to me, wearing a bikini, and I will be glad to study it carefully and give you my opinion. At no cost, of course.

No?

Damn!

Anonymous said...

I actually just bought a new bikini this past weekend. I'll keep you in mind if and when any photos of me in it emerge...

:P

Jerry said...

Heh heh.