Wednesday, July 16, 2008

So the question is: Did the girl revert back to the curly perm/curly hair look today?

She sure did.

So, then. Maybe the girl had decided, for the second time, that she didn't like the new hairstyle? Or maybe she just had her hair done for a special occasion and reverted back to normal for another ordinary day?

Who knows? I will never know, because I will probably never speak to her. I cannot afford to get into speaking to girls that I do not know on the bus. I think that this is because I might decide that the grass is greener elsewhere and a giant, irreversible leap into that a new pasture would be preferable to going through life bored with what I have got. My judgement isn't always very good.

I already feel pathetically guilty when I talk to my friend Eleanor (a single mother, who is nice, and who told me that her boyfriend left her when she became pregnant, some years back) and my other friend Maria (an Austrian ex pat, who speaks perfect English, but with a definite Germanic inflection, and seems to love random and weird TV as much as I do). Why guilty? Because I dearly, truly and seriously would like to fuck both of them and that is not on. I am supposed to be making a go of this relationship.

Sadly, the Jennifer/Jerry show is a bit of a mess. I feel that I can do and say nothing without being accused of being awkward. It is tiresome. I am not wrong all of the time and I am not taking the piss all of the time.

So bad.

... And that was my 100th post. Onwards to the next 100.

2 comments:

medusa said...

So here is my theory. She has naturally curly hair, and hates to spend all that time blow-drying it straight. But when she goes in to get her hair cut (or trimmed), the stylist asks, "would you like me to dry it straight or curly?" she always says "straight," because it's such a pleasure to have someone else do it, and do it much better than she herself ever could. The next day she chooses not to wash her hair, but to squeak out one more day of straight hair before going back to her normal routine.

How do I know this? Well, I do it too. And, every time, I get compliments over how nice my hair looks straight. But I think about how long it took the stylist to dry my hair that straight, and how much earlier I'd have to get up every morning, and I know I'm going back to curly tomorrow.

Jerry said...

medusa: The devilish and secret routines of the female. Not meant for the eyes of mere men.