Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Jennifer has told me that she is thinking of getting me an iPod Classic for my Birthday. (My Birthday is at the end of August. I will look forward to getting a card.) Telling me has spoilt the surprise of the present, but Jennifer wanted to make sure that I do not have an irrational hatred of Apple and all it's infernal works. Apparently I have a lot of irrational hatred of things.

I don't mind getting an iPod Classic. My 20GB Creative Zen Sleek is nearly full.

Thoughts? Good choice? Bad choice? Do I embrace an iPod with open arms or do I shun it like the devil spunk that is cheese? I have just read an article here which scared the shit out of me. Maybe I should just ask for the next largest Creative machine, chickenshit that I am?

I suppose if I am in a selfish state of mine I could say 'Yes, please' and 'Thanks a lot!' as an iPod Classic would cost me nothing if received as a gift, and it would be no skin of my nose if it blew up. It would be Jennifer's problem.

Unless it takes my PC with it of course! Then I would have to hurt somebody.

Ooooh... Decisions, decisions.

**

Tickets have been purchased for "The Dark Knight" at the IMAX Cinema at the Think Tank on Sunday 10th August. I decided that two more weeks was all Jennifer and I would be prepared to wait. Hopefully the popcorn eating barbarians will have seen it by then.

Tickets have also been purchased for "The X-Files 2: Electric Boogaloo", sorry, "The X-Files: I Want To Believe" at the Electric Cinema next Sunday. Jennifer will also be attending this screening, no doubt to salivate over David Duchovny, a man whom she has described as "Such a very pretty boy" and "Just too beautiful to live". Hmm... Indeed.

We will probably both be nursing hangovers. Jennifer will be at a wedding in Coventry on Saturday night and I will be out on a sqwark with my Brother seeing Them Is Me. I am not concerned. I am sure that the sight of the lovely Gillian Anderson will be enough to ease my troubled brow.



Tired now. I will add links tomorrow.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am on the fence with whether to recommend iPods. I really resent having to send it in and pay a ridiculous service fee when the battery dies. Additionally, my iPod is currently refusing to play any of the Elbow albums that I bought off iTunes.

On the other hand, they are pretty slick...

Threelight said...

No, get an Apple IPod. I've not looked back since I've got mine.

Even though they are a company that are intent on world domination (a la Microsoft), you can't deny it's a really great product.

However, I'm unlikely to say that if my beloved 80gb Classic decides to break down irretrieveably.

Katyola said...

Yeah, I would accept the iPod, if for no other reason than the competitors are not as good. As for the X-Files, the movie is great and most importantly, Mulder and Scully look as good as ever. Also, no bee attacks in this one.

beth said...

Noooo! Don't go over to the dark side!

Jerry said...

I make that 2 yays, 1 nay and 1 dunno.

Inconclusive. Any other comments? Anyone.

I think it may be down to whether there are any decent closed headphones that can be used with an iPod Classic. I definitely do not like those in-the-ear headphones.

beth said...

My 'no' (or noooo!) is motivated by self interest though. I'm scared that when my Creative finally sputters out there won't be any more, so I don't think it really counts as an impartial opinion.

Jerry said...

beth: You have a Creative too? Ah... A lady of taste and distinction. (Sic? Dunno.)

beth said...

I do.
I am.

Stef said...

I eventually caved in and got an iPod after trying everything but and to be honest, I wouldn't want to go back. Very nice bit of kit and iTunes is better than the crap that ships with most other mp3 planes.

Oh, and no, I'm not dead! ;-)

Jerry said...

stef: Who are you again?

Hope you are well, mate!